Thursday, March 19, 2009

March MADNESS!


March is here...let the madness begin! I live in an area that sends college basketball fans into a synchronized FRENZY every year. There may be 60 or so teams competing for basketball's biggest prize, but this year in our house, it has come down to this...two teams and a DIVIDED household.

I love my husband...a LOT. When it comes to sports, we have two things in common: passion & competitiveness. One of the reasons I married him is because he's always game for watching or attending a sporting event. I don't pretend to know all the stats & useless sports knowledge that he does (he's kinda a nerd that way) & he doesn't pretend to know how I KNOW when a team is going to win or lose. (the jockey wearing pink, the cutest of the two QB's...)

Now back to this divided household thing. My husband sends me his bracket this morning to enter into our work pool & just in case you can't see the above image (the image that has put us in marriage counseling, by the way) he has confidently listed UNC as the National Champion. Won't he be surprised when the Sooner Schooner stomps all over his 'heels!!! Crimson vs. powder blue? Do you really need to be a guy to figure out the winner between those two colors?

I love you, babe & I'm sure I will eventually get over your brief lack of judgment. In the meantime, I hear stargazers are in season, I could use another charm for my Pandora bracelet & my feet are begging for another pedicure now that the weather has warmed up. (and our stock of wine is getting low)

For those of you who also live in a divided household, NEVER let this happen...

Converted Tarheel fans.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, Terry, I'd love to offer support, but she's got ya there. I'm sorry. I'd like to suggest that you have the stargazers and wine delivered to the spa while she is getting her pedicure. It's just a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE March Madness! I just watched the Akron vs Gonzaga game!!

    I left your meme letter on my blog, I can't wait to see how you use it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and just a bit of bracket spoilage.....Gonzaga is gonna beat UNC! Remember you heard it here first! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. D-

    Thanks for your non-gender biased support! (LOL!)

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Randy-

    If Gonzaga takes UNC, then does OU beat Gonzaga??? Just checkin'.

    And really...the letter "K"? Way to take it easy on me. I'll work on it when insomnia hits tonight.

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a Gonzaga fan per say. I'm a Notre Dame fan...but I lived in Seattle for 13 years and always followed Gonzaga. So somewhere deep down, I'd like to see em win it for a change. They've made the tourney the last 11 years.

    C'mon now...with your confidence in the (ahem) Sooners....I figured K would be a breeze....Don't sooner fans have game? Besides, you did well with it LOL

    ReplyDelete