Saturday, June 13, 2009

Komen NC Triangle Race for the Cure

13th year...1.75 million contributed to finding a cure. Words cannot describe what it meant to walk this race with my family this year. Or the overwhelming feeling of walking through a sea of pink shirts...we are survivors, warriors, sisters and some of the strongest women God has created. I ran into my oncologist which I thought was odd. Of all the women in the Triangle that I've met since the beginning of my journey, I saw not one of them today...but there was Dr. Maha Elkordy. She reached out for a hug and said, "I cannot tell you how proud I am to see you here today." And all I could say as I choked back the tears was, "I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you, so thank YOU for getting me here today."


WE are the cure!!!

They gave out capes which turned Emily into a BC superhero!

My beuatiful Megan!

Emily, me & Meg walking to the finish!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you. I know your body wasn't ready to race, but you did it anyway. You're one amazing woman!
    -J

    ReplyDelete