Friday, April 10, 2009

Something's Missing

What do you do when your children have taken off to New Jersey to spend spring break with their cousins? NOTHING...that's what! This is sorta how it's been with the Babe & I for the last few days.

Thursday evening:

6:00
Took dogs for a long walk.

7:00
Babe: "Let's go house hunting".
Me: "Right now?"
Babe: "Why not?"
Me: "You're right, we don't have kids!"

So we drove around Cary looking for signs & peeked in the windows of the vacant homes. When we got home we watched and adult movie. No, not that kind, but one that we normally wouldn't watch with the girls. "Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist" - I'd give it three *'s.

Today, we walked around Crabtree Mall had lunch ALONE together, & this afternoon we're going to see Benjamin Button...after our nap, of course!

Tomorrow we will resume house hunting. & who knows what else. I guess this is how childless couples live. I couldn't do it....I WOULDN'T do it. I was meant to be a mom & even though the Babe and I are enjoying our time together...& believe me, we are...I feel like something is missing. They'll be back Monday night & our lives will be hectic again, but I wouldn't trade the craziness for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment