Monday, April 6, 2009

God doesn't give you more than you can handle

True, BUT...does this mean that God gave me cancer as a test to see how I could "handle it"? Do you honestly think he'd throw bolts of cancer down from the heavens in an attempt to weed out the weak ones? Sorry, I don't buy it. The Big Guy didn't do this to me. My cancer was the cause of mutated cells growing out of control & my body armour not being able to hold it back. Why me? If it wasn't me, it could have been my mother or one of my sisters or daughters or friends. One thing is for sure...you don't want to see anyone close to you go through this.


Whatever you do, don't get mad at God for this. Do what I did & get mad as hell at cancer. I know that may sound silly to some, but I'm living proof that it works. It's true that with any battle, you don't know what the outcome will be until the end. I'm very aware of the statistics of Stage IV BC, but I'm here to beat the odds. I'm stubborn enough to take on the mutants. (just ask my better 1/2) Who's to say I won't be the (Stage4) woman still here 10 or 15 years from now? And tell me, would any of you NOT fight like crazy when you're in a cage match with cancer?

So, instead of saying that God would never give me more than I can handle, why don't you remind me that God will help me handle what he has given me?

Done preachin'.

3 comments:

  1. Very well written! I agree 100%. I also believe that God knows the day we are going to be born and the day we are going to die. In between and the "why" of death has nothing to do with Him. God is a loving God for sure. Thanks for such a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good, Lisa. I totally agree. I think bad things are a result of living in an imperfect world. And I think He uses those times to show us how big he loves us and loves to be in relationship with us. Preach on, girl.

    ReplyDelete