Sunday, May 17, 2009

Update

What a week. So much to update...

Post-surgery update: I'm feeling unbelievably good. Looking at the evidence of what I've had done, you wouldn't think I'd feel this good, but I count my blessings daily & right now there are so many to count. Besides feeling good, the surgery was a success. The twins are looking better every day. I'm still AMAZED when I look down every day. I have breasts! And they look nice! I know to some it would be a huge sacrifice (no pun intended) to give up their belly to make breasts...wait, who am I kidding? Although the hip-to-hip incision is a bit uncomfortable, it was necessary to get the job done & Dr. Lyle performed beautiful work. I had two additional drains removed on Thursday and will likely have the remaining three removed tomorrow. At that point, I should be able to stand in a shower again. Don't get me wrong, I've loved the sponge baths from T, but there's something about feeling running water from your head down to your toes that makes you feel clean. It will be the longest shower I ever take. Count on that.

House update: T has been busy replacing all the lighting in the house from gold/brass to brushed silver. I LOVE all the new lighting. He's also been busy in the yard...laying mulch & planting flowers for me. The outside looks beautiful! The yard still needs work, but we're getting there. We're getting more & more settled every day.

Girls update: PSI (their softball league) is UNdefeated!!! I haven't been able to get to a game yet, but hopefully, this week, I'll get to see them run the bases!

Emily sang the National Anthem with her chorus group at the Durham Bulls game last night. We were able to record the game at home so she was able to see herself on tv.

Megan has been the social butterfly of the new neighborhood. She goes out on her scooter & makes friends with every girl she finds. We have quite a few neighbors that have children that are Emily & Megan's ages. And the neighbors we've met so far are so nice! I'm looking forward to hearing the whole story about the beer cans on the Christmas light hooks...could we have possibly moved to another Wisteria Lane?

That's it for now...time to watch the Survivor finale!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are doing so well. You are indeed blessed with a wonderful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,

    When you have such a busy schedule ... things must be going well.

    So glad you are feeling good after surgery.

    Remember to rest.

    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxanne & Daria - Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers & supporting me from a distance! Having additional women in the "sisterhood" is extremely comforting. God Bless you both!

    ReplyDelete