Friday, May 8, 2009

They're Baaaack!

Against better judgement, I'm typing this from my hospital bed & even though I'm off the morphine drip, I'm fairly certain there's enough left to entertain a few of you out there!

The surgery was a success! I honestly have the most amazing plastic surgeon...not to mention a nice looker, too. I have my mounds back & he got rid of my stomach! I mean it's really GONE! Before he sewed me back together again, he inserted a "power ball" (I have no idea what it's really called), but it's a seperate pack that runs pain meds directly to the incision, so I've had NO pain whatsoever. I got up yesterday & walked a little & have been up more today. Still not feeling anything really bad. If things go well tonight, I will be released tomorrow & be able to spend Mother's Day at home. What a blessing!

More later when I'm more lucid...

Thanks to all for your constant prayers & to all that have visited me in the hospital & sent flowers, gifts, etc., etc. We did it!!!

3 comments:

  1. That pain pack sounds awesome..I am so glad your surgery was a success. Here's to a gentle recovery. Be well and happy mother's day! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your title made me laugh out loud. So glad the girls are back where they belong. And trying not to hate you for the tummy tuck. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pain pack SAVED MY LIFE in the hospital. Seriously, I had very little pain. I highly recommend it to anyone having reconstruction. Mention it to your plastic surgeon!

    Deleise - A lot of people say I don't have a mean bone in my body...not true. The mean bone (not sure which bone it is) is the one I use to fight fight this cancer & after battling it so hard, it FINALLY gave me some kind of "reward"...aka, tummy tuck! Trust me, the war wound (quite a large incision) is not a pretty sight, but I'm OK with having it join the others!

    ReplyDelete