Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Year was 2008


And boy has it been a long one. The everything in between has made me a stronger, more beautiful person. Cancer almost took my life, but it saved my life as well. I didn't go through it alone and would never have survived without support from people who have become much more than friends. They are my warriors and have fought this with me through constant prayers, hugs, emails and calls. As I've watched others fight this battle, some have not been as fortunate. I don't know why I've been spared the pain and suffering or why I'm still here, but I plan on finding the calling and doing whatever it takes to make the rest of my days worthy.

A good friend and fellow fighter sent me this quote...

"If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or fight like hell." ~Lance Armstrong

I have hope and the strength to continue to fight like hell!

No comments:

Post a Comment