Sunday, January 4, 2009

The word for 2009 is......


drum roll, please.............

FREE

A fellow blogger & very smart lady, I might add, came up with this idea in 2007. You choose one word that you can focus on, meditate on & reflect upon as you go about your daily life. It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought or a feeling or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is YOUR word, not your spuse's or child's or anyone elses.

So, you may wonder why I came up with the word FREE. It has nothing to do with becoming a coupon clippin' momma & scouring the weekly adds in an effort to come up with a total of FREE on my grocery bill. And I don't plan on entering every type of internet contest on a weekly basis to try to win something FREE. Since we all have dieting as a new year's resolution, I suppose I could try to buy items that are listed as fat FREE, but that's neither realistic nor fun. If you google FREE on the net, you come up with all sorts of things...free games, free videos, free clipart, free dating service...(free, really?), free access to websites that would make your eyes cross...for "free".

I chose the word FREE because it was the word in a phrase that changed my life in 2008. The words came from Dr. Maha Elkordy on July 14th. "Yes, you are cancer FREE". I was no longer a prisoner of cancer. I spent the remainder of 2008 living "FREELY", but true FREEDOM is what you do with what's been done to you. It's time that I take the hardships I've been through & help inspire others who are desperately seeking freedom. I'm more equipped now more than ever to put on my warrior suit and become a soldier in the battles of others. Freedom is the oxygen of the soul. Life is so full of noise...let go & be FREE.

No comments:

Post a Comment